Takin' the Bronx River Parkway to your soul.

The current soul scene in NYC is something to behold at the moment. I feel honored that I have had the opportunity to take part, even in the tiniest way, once putting on the mighty Budos Band and again collaborating with my friend Matt (Mr. Finewine) putting on The Mighty Hannibal and Young Jesse at The Hook in Red Hook Brooklyn.

The video quality is far from cinematic, Just close your eyes and pretend you were there, it was pretty great.

The Budos Band @ The Hook




Young Jesse @ The Hook



Daptone records and Truth & Soul records have been leading the charge for the last five or six years by putting out some of the best soul, funk, afrobeat and latin sounds the world has heard for a long time. This is not a movement of nostalgia, these guys have proven their ability to produce heavy hitting original material that would make any Willie Colon, Lebron Brothers, Fela or Eddie Bo feel proud!

I wanted this post to be about spreading the word that quality music is not dead by a long shot! It's all over and everywhere at once, you just have to want it bad enough and it's yours!

I want to leave you with one of the best records I have heard in years, I actually wept a little bit (while dancing my ass off in my room). I cannot express how amazing these guys are. Bronx River Parkway - San Sebastian 152. Pure NYC through and through! Enjoy!








If you like these guys check out Truth & Soul Records, there is pretty much nothing bad or even questionable on the label, it's all pure quality. The same goes for Daptone Records, you can't get any more soulful without spontaneously combusting! That would be cool to see though.

Comments

Popular Posts