Farvel Danmark, It's been a blast!



Well it all came together tonight. The first few shows were a bit panicky for me, but I have learned an enormous amount in a very short time, and for the first time I felt confident about what I was doing. Woo Hoo! I actually got told "you did a great job" by the other guys on the crew, It meant a lot actually. I have tried really hard to do a good job. There were fits and starts, but whatev, no sweat! Well ok, lots of sweat, but no worries, well.....you know what I mean.

They played to a sold out crowd of 1000 people at a beautiful venue called VEGA. It's proper big venue with incredible sound and facilities. As usual the food we were served was beyond belief! Roast chicken, rice and eggplant pilaf, Roast potatoes, green beans and for dessert we had this Danish thing called "Æbleskiver" which means Apple slices in Danish, but there are no apples in it? They are sort of like big fried doughnut holes that you dip in Strawberry Jam and sprinkle powdered sugar on them, It's rediculous. The Venue actually has a hired chef that works there just to make fresh homemade food for the bands that play there, Seriously!

I'm not sure if It's because it's all so exciting and new, but I swear to god everything tastes amazing! I bet you could eat almost anything here and it would taste delicious. So if Denmark is supposed to be the happiest place on earth and everything tastes this good, I must be in some sort of European Wonka Land! I should start licking and tasting everything I see here, lamp posts, small children, policemen, my guess is that they are all deliciously edible and would be more than happy to let you try? I hear Danes even bleed strawberry jam, really! I swear!

Denmark has been an unbelievable pleasure. It's a beautiful country, with beautiful people. I think the rest of the world should take more than a few pages out of Denmark's book and follow suit. I mean 36% of people in Copenhagen commute by bicycle! 36 freaking percent! This is in a city with a population of 1,875,179. That's nearly 675,000 people riding their bikes to work everyday! Why are we not doing this everywhere people!? Seriously, the results could only be positive! I love a good road trip don't get me wrong and I don't want to rid the world of the pleasure of driving either, but we need to do it differently, for real! I can say this, because I practice what I preach, I ride a bike everyday, everywhere I go, I don't even take public transportation if I don't have to. Pedal power FTW!

Comments

  1. I wanna go for pedal power trips with you and J this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts