Farvel Danmark! Part II.

I have so much to say about this place and I just dont have enough time to pontificate about it all. So I will say my goodbyes with a few pictures. If any of you get the chance to come to Denmark, go out and get yourself a really high paying job first, because Denmark is one of the most expensive cities in the world! Seriously, you will choke on your first "Smorrebrod" when you realize it's costing you £10! Still, it's worth it and I hope that I can come back and spend some quality time here.


This place is called "The Moose". I always feel like you can tell the soul of the city by it's bars and pubs. I didn't want to leave Copenhagen without having a pint at at least one divey bar. By pure luck I stumbled upon The Moose! I new I was going to like it the second I walked in because it has paintings of voluptuous naked women doing all sorts of interesting things with moose (Is "Moose" plural for "Moose"?) Riding them, whipping them, getting it on with them and on and on. The Bartender "Lizette" was great and made me feel really welcome. Highly recommended!






I got up super early to take a walk around Copenhagen before anyone was up and awake. I love that time in a big city when there is almost no one around, just a few drunken straglers from the night before and street sweepers sucking up the discarded signs of a debaucherous night. I found this statue tucked away in a small park, The date on it is 1652 I think? The thing that's interesting, is that there was a time in history when artists seemed to portray animals with slightly human features. Look at the Lions face, it has a mans face! I don't think they did this on purpose, I think it was just how they saw the world and the things in it. You can read so much into this piece. The lion is man, obviously, but who or what does the horse represent? I couldn't stop staring at it, It's a really beautiful piece of art but it's also quite frightening too. Take a good look at it, what do you see?






During Christmas in NYC there are guys all over selling those hot toffee peanuts that smell amazing. I always smell these things and work up such a drool inducing excitement only to realize that they taste like candied cardboard pellets, Its a bit soul destroying to say the least. So, When I saw this guy in Copenhagen stirring up a batch of these suckers, I gave them a deserved cold shoulder and walked past. But thankfully the little "Dont be stupid asshole" Fairy, was there to change my mind. So I went back, and paid my 15 Kroners for a bag of the best F'ing Toffee peanuts in he whole world! That's strike two for NYC on the street food front. C'mon New York, your letting me down, If I find a better piece of drippy, greasy NY style pizza here, I'll be opening a serious can of whoop ass on you!



Comments

Popular Posts